What Does A PolyDome Footbath Do? A disinfectant solution (copper sulfate mixed with water) used in the footbath will kill or inhibit bacterial infections such as foot-rot and heel erosion. It penetrates up between toes and cracks, where bacteria inflames the soft skin, and then under the horn lining and inner surfaces of each cleat. By locating the PolyDome Footbath at the exit door of your stall barn, or in the exit lane of the milking parlor, cows walk through it twice a day. The disinfectant solution hardens the horn and toughens the skin in vital areas between cleats of the hoof. This drying effect on hoof and skin makes cattle’s feet more resistant to bacterial infection.
- A quick and easy way to clean and disinfect cattle’s feet.
- Fill with disinfectant to help prevent foot rot and heal erosion.
- Washing action of footbath removes damaging material from hooves–helps to prevent buildup of dirt and manure in the space between cleats, where harmful bacteria tends to harbor.
- The self-supporting style (shown above) has a contoured interior with extra deep segments which enables the hooves to open wide which facilitates the penetration of treatment products.
- Thick-Walled, one-piece, medium density polyethylene WILL NEVER ROT or RUST.
- NOTE: Wood frames not included
- Locate PolyDome Footbath where cows exit the parlor or barn.
- Exit area must be firm and dry.
* 36”x76”x6” Deep Self-supporting and contoured interior–PD-2175.
* 54”x84”x6” Deep Self-supporting and contoured interior–PD-2176.
* 36”x36”x7-1⁄2” Deep Must be supported by 2”x8” wood frame–PD-2028.
* 36”x48”x5-1⁄2” Deep Must be supported by 2”x6” wood frame–PD-2061.
* 36”x72”x5-1⁄2” Deep Must be supported by 2”x6” wood frame–PD-2062.